- Healthcare represents the fourth core business of TH Group of companies after plantation, mining and quarry. The acquisition of the Nilai Medical Centre (NMC), formerly known as NCI Cancer Hospital (NCICH) in Nilai, Seremban, via its holding company Asiaprise Biotech Sdn Bhd at the end of year 2003 marks the Group's official entry into the sector which was based on several important considerations:
- 1. Natural progression
- Prior to the NMC acquisition, TH Group was already concentrating a large portion of its venture capital investments in biotechnology.
- 2. Sunrise industry
- Healthcare is one of the more dynamic sector in Malaysia , boasting an annual growth in excess of six per cent.
- 3. Stability
- Healthcare is not susceptible to the cyclical nature of many other businesses, and remains reasonably unaffected by the global economic environment.
- 4. Strong Governmental Support
- The Malaysian Government has indicated its commitment to promoting the sector by giving large allocation for the healthcare sector in Malaysia and is even keen on establishing the country as a centre for healthcare tourism.
About Nilai Medical Centre (NMC)
Nilai Medical Centre (formerly known as NCI Cancer Hospital) , is a specialist private oncology center based in Bandar Baru Nilai, 40 minutes from Kuala Lumpur and just 15 minutes from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). NMC is the first private cancer centre in Malaysia which provides diagnosis and treatment to cancer patients as well as conducts clinical research with multinational pharmaceutical companies. It complies with the Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines and has been an ISO accredited hospital since 2002.
Nilai Medical Centre was first established in 1999 as Nilai Cancer Institute concentrating on clinical research. In 2005, it was bought over by TH Group and was renamed NCI Cancer Hospital and became a pioneer private specialist centre in Malaysia focusing on two core activities: cancer treatment and clinical research.
In 2009, the hospital renamed itself to NCI Hospital and 4 years later in 2013 to Nilai Medical Centre (NMC) in line to the expansion of hospital into multidisciplinary medical centre aiming to serve the community; not only with a special focus on cancer treatment but also medical care in other areas such as Bariatric Surgery (Weight Management), Orthopaedic, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatric, ENT, Interventional Radiology, General Surgery/Advanced Laparoscopy, Physiotherapy and more.
Our primary aim is to provide high quality cancer treatment in compliance with international standards. We offer a multi-disciplinary approach to the diagnosis and treatment of patients and our palliative care and support services form an integral part of our care management strategy. We pledge for best patient care at NMC, and our dedicated and qualified staff will ensure all patients are looked after with care and compassion.